09 December 2005

I've Made a Huge Mistake

This is my first time on blogspot, and I am pretty sure I will be the only one who ever reads this post. I might be able to convince my latex salesman to read it, but it might not go beyond that.

I took a "sick day" today. Cough cough...

During my sick day, I graded over half of the freshmen portfolios I am storing in my car, which is covered in roughly 4.5 " of snow. An interesting fact: the number of inches of snow resting atop my Toyota Prius right now is the equivalent of the number of hours I spent in my car yesterday 'driving' home from work in the suburbs, which is technically only 36 miles from my home in the city. I've decided to put ' ' around the word driving because I wasn't really driving. It was sort of a combination of sliding, stopping, going, crying, praying and cursing. The only saving grace is that, for once, I had the foresight to use the restroom before getting in my car.

After the commute-from-hell, I was able to skid into a parking spot. This morning, I had to move the car into a new spot (city parking restrictions) and my BF shoveled me a clean spot. Now I refuse to move my car, as I don't want to have to kill the person that takes the spot after I've left it. It's a custom in 'our tribe' here in Chicago to kill anyone who takes a clean parking spot, as they have dishonored the parking code of our people.

Well, time for This American Life, a great radio program on NPR. Normally I don't get time for This American Life because it happens to air on Friday nights, but tonight I am making an exception because the topic is 'lessons we learned from the Mob.' Yes, I'm Italian; No, I'm not affiliated with the Mob.

Word.
Tara

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home