20 December 2005

Igloo Man

I'm sad today. I can't think of anything to write about that won't make me feel worse than I already do. It might have something to do with being 28-years-old, divorced, broke and dating the coldest human being on the planet. That and the PMS. And I keep making the problem worse by listening to depressing music such as the song below.

I wanna sleep
underneath the weeping willow.
As it cries all night quietly,
It's tears all around me.
I'll sleep there so soundly,
util I'm allowed finally
to wake and be happy again.
To wake and be happy again.

As if that's not sad enough, I keep listening to Karma Police.

Karma police
I've given all I can,
it's not enough,
I've given all I can
but we're still on the payroll.

This is what you get,
this is what you get,
this is what you get,
when you mess with us.

For a minute there
I lost myself, I lost myself.
Phew, for a minute there,
I lost myself, I lost myself.

For a minute there
I lost myself, I lost myself.
Phew, for a minute there,
I lost myself, I lost myself.

That last part, from "For a minute there..." he just goes nuts. His voice is so intense in every song on this album. It's total suicide rock, but I love it. I wish I could have gotten into even one song that was released after OK Computer.
Well, Michael is on his way home from work. Looks like I might have to open that Santa Margherita tonight.

Maybe my mood will be better tomorrow. Exiting iTunes might be my first step toward not being miserable. Either that or Zoloft. I think the latter requires a prescription.

4 Comments:

Blogger Deepa said...

The best thing, I do while i am really really depressed is write ,why i am depresed !!!
and read it after a couple of days while and happy and laugh abt it ... wondering the silly thing that upset me.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

Karma Police is a great song. I've been listening to it (and Fake Plastic Trees) non-stop for the past few days. True, it may not be very uplifting, but sometimes there is something comforting about allowing yourself to wallow in a song like that. (the part that always gets me is when he repeats "this is what you get"). It can be cathartic in its own miserable way, if that makes any sense. I hope you feel better though. (and glad to see from your most recent post that you went for the wine, always a good call ;-))

9:48 PM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Thanks for your advice. Lizzie, I do totally love that part too (this is what you get...). I've done some pretty... we'll say "questionable" things in my past, so the idea of karma terrfies me. I didn't kill anyone or anything (not yet) but karma is definitely cause for concern when you're in my shoes. I try not to wallow too much, but when PMS hits, I specialize in it. I can WallowWallowWallowWallow the days away if I need to. I have about 10 days worth of music on my iPod, 4 days of which are wallowing material. My solution to the sadness today was a new pair of boots and a fresh pair of premium denim- two of my 3 biggest weaknesses (the first being pinot grigio), and the best way to fight the blues.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

I can relate on the karma thing- every time he says "this is what you get" I feel like he's admonishing me personally... and yet I keep listening. twisted.

Boots, jeans, wine and maudlin music sound like a good way to deal with it to me though (if I wasn't so damn broke I'd partake myself but can only afford the music and wine part).

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home