17 December 2005

Heaven is a sandwich


And they deliver. In fact, a turkey with swiss on white is on its way to my house as I write. This is what I love about living in the city. I can have my favorite meal delivered in under 30 minutes for under $15. I suspect they do this in the suburbs, too, but the fact that there are 2 Potbellys within 2 miles of my home means I will never live anywhere but Bucktown.
To me, there is no meal more perfect than a sandwich. I remember I briefly tried the low carb thing (I've tried every diet there is) and I missed nothing more sandwiches. Not my grandma's macaroni on Sundays, not dipping crispy bread in the "gravy" poured over that macaroni, not pizza... just sandwiches. I might have lost a few pounds, but I felt empty inside. It wasn't worth it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian South said...

you need a counter on your site.

6:05 AM  
Blogger Brian South said...

go to statcounter.com--it's EASY! =)

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home