22 December 2005

I got this idea from Brian's Blog I wouldn't mind seeing other people's attempt at this list (see list #7)

1. Seven things to do before I die
2. Seven things I cannot do
3. Seven things that attract me to my spouse/best friend
4. Seven things I say most often
5. Seven books (or series) I love
6. Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would watch over and over if I had the time)
7. Seven people I want to join in, too

Seven things to do before I die:
1. Get out of debt
2. Have a successful marriage
3. Forgive myself
4. Love myself
5. Be a wine and jazz conoisseur
6. Retire
7. Be happy

Seven things that attract me to people I love
1. Loyalty (Brian- ironic?)
2. Willingness to laugh at my jokes
3. Warmth
4. Kevlar/badge/gun/squad car/blue shirt/black pants…(kidding of course)
5. Power
6. A wealth of useless knowledge
7. A good smile

Seven things I say most often
1. That’s retarded (it doesn’t have to be PC right?)
2. I’ve made a huge mistake (or at least I think that often)
3. What’s the date?
4. “I’ll have the pinot grigio please”
5. (I’m leaving this one blank because many of my thoughts are inappropriate)
6. I need a new ____________ (insert overpriced article of clothing or accessory here)
7. “I can’t; I’m broke.”

Seven books or series I love (this one is so hard for me; I’m cheap- I like just about every book I’ve ever read. If I didn’t, I stopped reading)
1. A Farewell to Arms
2. High Fidelity
3. To Kill a Mockingbird
4. Devil in the White City
5. Underworld (not the movie, but the book by Don DeLillo)
6. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
7. Shopgirl (I need to read more Steve Martin)

Seven movies I’d watch over and over (this one is pretty difficult- I am not the type of person who watches movies over and over)
1. Sideways
2. Spinal Tap
3. Moonstruck
4. Election
5. Vacation
6. A Christmas Story
7. Sideways (I’m getting desperate here)

Seven people I want to join, too- many of whom will not
1. CS
2. Lizzie
3. My college girlfriends who don’t even read my blog
4. My BF who doesn’t even know about it
5. My mom (see above)
6. Dana
7. Michael

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tara, I do read your computer-writing thingy. Blog, you say? In fact, it's become a bit of a staple for me the past few days -- see your "stats" at the bottom of the page and you can measure my participation with the color orange.
I'm a good college friend.
I'm listing this as anonymous, because I don't open "accounts" of any kind. So, you'll have to guess which one I am.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Nancy.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Chairborne Stranger said...

Hey Tara, here, I'll give it a shot:

Seven things to do before I die:
1. Re-learn to play the trumpet
2. Find someone who I'd want to share life with
3. Write a book
4. Start my own business
5. Travel the world
6. Retire
7. Skydive

Seven things that attract me to people I love
1. Honesty
2. Kindness
3. Desire to help others
4. Enjoy similar experiences
5. Love travel
6. Genuine
7. Fun-loving

Seven things I say most often
1. D'oh
2. Another draft, thanks.
3. Are you kidding me??
4. That sucked.
5. Whoah, look at that girl!
6. Where the hell is my...wallet...keys...money?
7. Who wants a shot?

Seven books or series I love
1. Tuesday's with Morrie
2. Catch-22
3. Your Money or Your Life
4. Any Stephen King
5. The Purpose Filled Life
6. Bill Bryson's stuff
7. The Fountainhead/Atlas Shrugged

Seven movies I’d watch over and over
1. National lampoon's Christmas
2. Meet the Parents
3. The Family Guy-the Movie
4. Ghostbusters
5. Old School
6. Office Space
7. Star Wars series

3:48 PM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Thanks, CS. I think you are half-way there on the book thing! I stopped by Lizzie's blog today. It's a funny post, which I see you responded to.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Brian South said...

Random anonymous college friends ROCK.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

Was this the question you were referring to on my blog? If so, I'll give it a try. I'm warning you, I don't follow instructions well though, so I won't have 7 for all of them:

7 things to do before I die:
1. finish my degree
2. run a marathon in every state
3. find a job I love and can be proud of
4. learn Italian
5. see my brother happy and successful (whatever he may judge that to be)

7 things I cannot do (you didn't do this one! is this one of the things you cannot do?):
1. whistle
2. snowboard
3. run a marathon in under 4 hours
4. stop blogging
5. speak in front of a group without blushing

7 things that attract me to people:
1. sense of humor
2. sense of humor
3. adventurousness (is that a word?)
4. intelligence (oh, the irony)
5. confidence
6. conviction

7 things I say most often:
1. I totally disagree
2. You're wrong
3. not that there's anything wrong with that
4. This one time, in New Zealand...
5. This one time, in France...
6. that's bullshit
7. (the title of your blog)

7 books/series I love
1. all Jane Austen
2. Catch-22
3. Me talk pretty one day
4. Corelli's Mandolin (despite the horrific movie)
5. Birds without wings
6. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
7. Into the Wild
8. Love in the Time of Cholera
9. The Awakening

7 movies I watch over and over again:
1. Braveheart
2. Gladiator
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
4. Amelie
5. Anchorman

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good post

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home