28 November 2006

Skull cap brotherhood of Chicago

I really don't have much to say today, but I felt I needed to create another post to stop all the negative feedback I'm getting from my most recent post. Here's a picture of a pretty flower. Everyone feel better now?

As I considered what to write about this week, I realized all I have to say involves the gym. That's because I pretty much do nothing but go to the gym and go to work. Work isn't much fun to write about because kids are kids and no one wants to hear about the goofy stuff my freshmen do. Frankly, I'm probably the only person that finds them adorable. The gym, though, is becoming my favorite subject to write about, mainly because there are so many interesting people there. I still focus primarily on the skull cap guy, who is relentless in his assault on common sense. Regardless of the fact that it has been unseasonably warm, skull cap guy continues to wear his winter gear indoors. To make matters worse, he has initiated a new member into his sick cult, and now there is another skull cap guy roaming around. New skull cap guy actually wore a gray cable-knit winter cap that clearly belonged to his girlfriend (or more likely was left behind in his apartment by the last Trixie he bagged). He wore it only once though; I suspect original skull cap guy informed new skull cap guy that he had to find a more manly skull cap to keep his membership active.

I'll try to come back with something more positive someday. However, I will say, I have a notoriously dark sense of humor and a generally negative outlook on life. I'll laugh at things no one else will. So I thought my last post was hilarious... one of my favorites even. You don't have to agree, but if it pissed you off, I'd suggest finding another blog because I can't promise that I won't piss you off again.


11 Comments:

Blogger ndheathen said...

...but it's fun to piss people off!

9:47 PM  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

I'll keep coming back, so you best keep writing. Or I'll be pissed off.

2:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just catching up on some blogs this morning before work...and whoa....your comments from your last post.

I'm going through this whole process myself right now with a friend. Feel free to email me: mappyb at gmail dot com - I'd love to discuss it further.

Bottom line is - if you're putting too much energy into a friendship, and taking out nothing but drama and personality traits that you are no longer willing to accept, then break it off. You can't make yourself like someone, and you can't make yourself be friends with someone. You can just back that friendship off to a strictly acquaintance (sp?) type level. It's not worth your energy if the friendship isn't 100% what you want. We're too old to have fake friends. :)

4:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

finally, someone to share my own negativity with... honestly, i can't even remember your last post. i will have to go back and refresh my rapidly fading memory.

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always find your post to be a ray of sunshine.

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to bring up the last post, but I was listening Radiohead's "Just" today, and remembered that it is supposedly about a terrible friend that Thom Yorke had to ditch.

"You've changed the locks three times
He still comes reeling through the door"

Some people hate socializing with coworkers, but I need to occasionally spend time with people who understand why Kid A's reaction to Kid B's explanation of why the water in NJ makes her pee more often is hysterical.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

ND, I agree. I have a hunch you are good at it.

*, thanks. I know you will.

Mappy, I keep coming back to that myself... I'm too old to have fake friends.

Dan, glad you're back! I thought you'd given up on me.

Lux, wow. I'm a ray of sunshine. Scary.

xCruser, I'm the same way with my colleagues. I love to hear stories about goofy kids.

7:10 PM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

you couldn't piss me off if yer tried babe. Not that i want yer to of course

7:56 AM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

4D, thanks. :)

12:02 PM  
Blogger Dwight Supremacy said...

Yes, bra-less wonder, ignore those hyper-sensitive schmucks and write whatever the hell you want!

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never give up on a blog, unless it consistently bores me. I don't think your's ever will.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home