23 December 2005

A classic seinfeld moment- and a lot of curse words


This might be one of my all-time favorite Elaine moments on Seinfeld. This and the "he took it out" episode. Elaine is investigating Kramer's claim that a mannequin looks exactly like her. She asks the saleslady, whom she calls Natasha, how she can find out who made the mannequin.

E: I'm sorry you can't tell me where the mannequin came from?
N: I told you, I don't know. (in an overdramatic eastern European type accent)
E: Well is there somebody around here I could talk to who WOULD know?
N: Why? (obviously annoyed)
E: Isn't it obvious? This mannequin looks exactly like me! (Natasha rolls her eyes at George) Did you just roll your eyes at him? Because let me tell you something, if anyone should be rolling their eyes it is ME at HIM about YOU.
N: I think you're flattering yourself. That mannequin is wearing an $1200 Gualtier dress.
E: What are you saying- that I'm not good enough for this hideous dress? Listen, Natasha. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing your crummy little Euro trash rags. I'll meet you outside. (E walks out)
N: What is her problem?
G: Eh what can you do?

It reminds me of when Michael and I went shopping the other day. We went into Benetton and Michael spotted a blazer he liked. He called me over to have me look at it. It was one of these "hip" blazers with a hoodie sewn into it. I hate this look. The whole idea of faux layering makes me insane. Just put a blazer over your hoodie damn it. The inspiration for this look probably came from hip young people who live in the city and have to walk to places a lot, so they wear layers. It looks cool on them because it's authentic and it was borne out of necessity. A person who wears a prelayered item, in his/her attempt to look hip, achieves just the opposite and ends up looking so deeply unhip. It's like buying jeans that are already ripped. I am a denim whore, but I will not buy jeans that are already ripped. Get down on your knees and earn those holes- but don't buy them ripped. Anyway, this Ugly Blonde Bimbo Saleslady sees us looking at this blazer/hoodie hybrid and approaches us:
UBBS: Isn't that great? I love that look.
Me: No, it's ugly. I think it's stupid to wear a faux hoodie under a blazer.
UBBS: Really? I bought it for my boyfriend and he loves it.
Michael (trying to diffuse the situation): Yeah, i like it though.
Me: No, it's dumb. Just put a blazer over your hoodie Michael and save some money.
UBBS: You don't like it? You must not be from the city.
ME: Uh, yeah, we're from the city.
She walked away after that. Fucking bitch. What is that supposed to mean? That this ugly blonde bimbo saleslady working at the Benetton in the SUBURBS is so cool that I can't possibly understand her style unless I happen to live in Chicago? She looked like a typical Lincoln Park trixie, and she probably rolled up that morning in a midnight blue VW Jetta with an iPod blaring some shithouse top 40 music. After she was about 5 feet away I told Michael that she was a cunt and we should go back home to our ultra hip home in Bucktown. Where did this woman learn how to sell stuff? Would anyone seriously buy something from someone who basically calls her unhip? Shit no. You'd leave and put a blazer over your hoodie just so that bitch doesn't get commission off your sale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home