12 January 2006

Bad night


It's not bad like sick parent or child bad. Just bad like girl-who-is-perpetually-sad bad. Ugh. I can't think of a single happy thing to write. I'm not in the business of sad writing (or any writing for that matter) but writing feels good so I'm doing it. The pinot is helping of course. I don't call it the nectar of the gods for nothing. I love listening to music when I'm sad too. But I don't think it really helps. It helps, I guess, insofar as it allows me to wallow in self pity, but that's probably not the best solution. Must... resist... iPod.... I used to be so good at ignoring real emotion. I've lost that ability. In my old age, I'm getting dumb and emotional. The other day, when I was writing, I mixed up 'they're' and 'there'. That's awful. That inexcusable. And I did it. And sometimes I cry for no reason.
I always make fun of people who seem happy all the time; but I wouldn't mind being like that. I wish I was so content that 'happy' was one of those 3 adjectives the average person might use to describe me. But something tells me it's not.
The phrase "I've made a huge mistake" keeps running through my mind. Over and over and over. On that note...

Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am home again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am whole again

Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am young again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am fun again

However far away
I will always love you
However long I stay
I will always love you
Whatever words I say
I will always love you
I will always love you

Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am free again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am clean again

However far away
I will always love you
However long I stay
I will always love you
Whatever words I say
I will always love you
I will always love you

The Cure (obviously, right?)

5 Comments:

Blogger Bone said...

I love The Cure!

I read some blogs and the people seem to be griping and unhappy everyday. Yours doesn't seem like that.

Writing is good. Music is good. I think.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

You've never struck me as a downer.

Are you rundown? I feel poopy when I'm rundown. I really need to take a multivitamin every day.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Brian South said...

Oh, Tara...

Enjoy the three day weekend. Get some BALANCE back. Call me if you need to.

ps--Teachers ARE supposed to be happy. We get to do awesome stuff every day. We just don't appreciate it enough.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Check my new post so I can explain myself. Boo hoo...

4:15 PM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Great point, PK. In my experience, teachers seem to get married and make babies at an amazing rate. So, it stands to reason that the single, female teacher is going to have bouts of misery.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home