07 June 2006

Etc

Tomorrow is my last wake-up. Well, it's not technically my last wake-up, at least I hope not, because I guess that would mean I am going to die in my sleep tomorrow night. No, it's my last early wake-up for school because SUMMER STARTS TOMORROW AT 11:30. I realize your calendar may say it starts on or around June 22, but your calendar is wrong. It starts tomorrow, June 8th at 11:30 when I've submitted my final grades, biatches!

Although I am excited that summer is beginning, I'm afraid. I'm afraid because for the first time in years, I don't have a summer job. I kept putting off looking for one, and now I've pretty much accepted the fact that I won't have one this summer. This sounds lovely at first, but as I'm sitting here on my couch tonight having watched my newest Netflix pick (Me and You and Everyone We Know) with no grading to do, I can tell already that I'm in big trouble. It's not even the first day of summer and I already bored. Bored! And what did I do today to alleviate the boredom? That's right, folks, I shopped. DAMN IT.

Now in my defense, I did, in fact, kind of need the items for which I shopped, but I probably could have survived without it. But more than need it, I deserved it. Tonight I shopped for a bikini. I've never done this in my whole life. Never. I've never worn a bathing suit that came in two pieces so closely resembling lingerie. Yet today, having lost quite a lot of weight, I went to the Gap and bought the most boring one they had (it's the one you see here, except it's black). I also bought a cute little skirt coverup. It's all very exciting.

There is good news buried under the joblessness that awaits me this summer. The first piece of good news is that I still get a paycheck all summer. The second piece of good news is that I will get to spend lots of time on the beach in my new bikini. The third piece of good news is that I signed up for Netflix to combat the boredom. The fourth and final piece of good news is that my boyfriend has a whole week off during the first week of July (2 years from the date we met in fact) so I am hopeful that we will get to spend more time together.

In other news, Dog Bites Man starts tonight. It's a new show on Comedy Central starring my best friend's brother Matt Walsh. It looks pretty damn funny, but I would watch it either way because I am the number one Matt Walsh fan, mainly because I've known his sister since 6th grade, but also because he's hilarious, both in person and in his career. Go Matt Walsh!!

Finally, the last bit of news I have is that my noisy neighbors have moved only to be replaced with yet another noisy person. The new tenant wakes up as early as I do. Normally this wouldn't be a problem for me (although I suspect it might be for my roommate), but now that summer is less than 18 hours away, it's going to be a problem when I am trying to "sleep in." I guess the floors in the apartment are old and creaky so I don't think she can control most of it, but I would like to make some suggestions to her should I ever get the balls to go up there and confront her (which I did once to my old neighbors). First of all, I'd like to suggest to Ms. Murphy (that's what it says on her buzzer) that she should try walking rather than STOMPING around the apartment, and that she should have a seat, as she apparently has a serious pacing problem. Secondly, I'd also like to suggest to her that she be more careful with heavy objects as she seems drop them rather frequently. My final suggestion to Ms. Murphy would be that she take off her shoes when she comes in the house at night and put them on just before she leaves in the morning, rather than when she has to make 6 or 7 more STOMPING trips around the apartment. Other than that, I think she's just great.

I'm getting a new roommate next week. Michael is moving down the block to live with our friend Amy and my girlfriend Sarah is moving in with me. It was an amicable separation that we decided on to help out Sarah and Amy. Sarah is a teacher too so I hope we can have some fun together this summer. We've spent the past couple summers going to the beach together every now and again, so she'll be the first to see me in my new bikini.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

You bought a bikini? Good for you!

I've never worn one, and can comfortably say I never will. But then, my stomach is so pale it's reflective.

8:35 AM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Can I be the second?....(down boy...yer a married man...)

1:34 PM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

E, I never go to the beach without a pre-tan. I know, I know it's bad for you and all, but I can't resist the sun. I always say, tan fat looks better than white fat.

4D, (blushing....) :)

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! That is so exciting! I'm so happy for you; it's motiving for me to hear that, maybe I'll get my butt in gear and do the same thing soon!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home