15 June 2006

Looking up

It's summer festival season in Chicago, and tomorrow starts one of the better ones on Randolph St. in the West Loop. I'll be there tomorrow night to enjoy the view (it has the highest population of ridiculously attractive people) and see Sunvolt, whom I don't really even like that much. I spent the day on the beach today (my bikini made its North Ave. Beach debut), and I plan to do the same tomorrow (this time on Oak St. beach) so I can get a tan to compete with the all the Randolph St. hotties. Ahhh summer vacation...
My sister, Melissa, gets home from the hospital tomorrow. My parents have been helping out by watching Rosa and Gianna while Tony, my brother-in-law, visits my sister and Anthony in the hospital. Melissa had a cesarean so she was laid-up all week, and it seems to be wearing on my otherwise tolerant parents. I plan to head out to the 'burbs on Saturday to lend a hand. Melissa cannot pick up the girls because of her incisions; this does not sit well with Rosa and Gianna so someone has to be
there to distract them while she recovers. I'll do my best, but I'm a somewhat inadequate substitute for mommy (or grandma for that matter).
Finally, another piece of good news. I talked to the BF today. We are going to do some work on our relationship. I feel so much better; it put a lot of my concerns and doubts to rest when he agreed to the conditions I had for getting back together. I won't go into details, but it's good. I'm so glad. So are my parents, who are quite fond of him. Things are finally looking up.

13 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

Take play-doh. It's a sure fire distraction, especially if you have a few cookie cutters available.

I'm glad you're feeling more up. :)

4:25 AM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Well chuffed for yer. It'll pan out this time. Got a feelin'.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Wow, I had no idea about the BF, but glad things are working themselves out. Have fun with the new baby.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Dan, thanks!

Esbee, I'll keep that in mind for my next babysitting assignment. Turns out I didn't have to do as much distracting as I thought.

4D, thanks. I hope you're right.

Hey, HB! I'm so glad, too. It's not all better yet, but I think we're on the right track. The new baby is kind of boring so far, but Rosa and Gianna are plenty entertaining until he gets a personality. New babies make me nervous. So tiny.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Marc said...

Made my day to hear things are lookin' up. Now enjoy that summer vacation young lady! You've earned it.

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad I didn't read this post before the breakup post, so just ignore my past advice! :)

I'm glad things are working out for you guys, and I hope things continue to get happier!!! :)

6:23 AM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Thanks, Mappy.

6:53 AM  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Glad things are looking up, SEM. Good on ya!

4:42 AM  
Blogger Dwight Supremacy said...

Me and several of my friends here in Pennsylvania just discovered you and we're all in love. Speaking of festival season, I'll be up for Market Days. You gonna kick it with the 'mos, Bra-less Wonder?!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Wow. I'm a big hit in Pennsylvania, huh? I'm glad. I don't know about Market Days. I may or may not go. I think I'm getting too old for that stuff, you know?

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue Ellen, did you fall off the face of the earth?

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue Ellen, did you fall off the face of the earth?

9:17 AM  
Blogger Marc said...

Is there an echo in here?

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home