27 December 2005

iPod confessions



Below is a list of the songs most frequently played on my iPod, an idea I got from the comment section on Lizzie's Blog. This might get embarrassing. My prediction is that the album/band to the right will be over-represented and that it will be clear from this list that I am a brooding middle aged woman- well, late 20s woman. If you are reading this list and are the type of person to illegally download music (which I AM NOT and I DID NOT use anyone else's list of these items for ideas for songs to illegally download), you should get any song by Built to Spill that you can get your dirty little hands on. They rock. Or you can be an honest consumer of music, like me, and purchase their albums. Built to Spill on Amazon.com

You Were Right: Built to Spill
Car: Built to Spill
Carry the Zero: Built to Spill
This Broken Hear: Funkadelic
I'm On Standby: Granddaddy
Ramp of Death: Stephen Malkmus
Twin Falls: Built to Spill
Fight Test: The Flaming Lips
In the Mouth of the Dessert: Pavement
Underneath the Weeping Willow Tree: Granddaddy
Vague Space: Stephen Malkmus
Strange: Built to Spill
Hold On Hope: Guided By Voices
You're the Good Things: Modest Mouse
Time Trap: Built to Spill
Still Flat: Built to Spill
Baby, I Know What You're Thinking: Mendoza Line
Here it Comes: Modest Mouse
No Other One: Weezer
Singing Sores Make Perfect Sore: Built to Spill
Horse Pills: The Dandy Warhols
Neighborhood #1: Arcade Fire
Fight Song: Appleseed Cast
She said She Said: The Beatles
Thinking of Ways: The Boo Radleys
Love Song: The Cure
Chicago: Sufjan Stevens (my new obsession)

I expect Clap Your Hands Say Yeah to make this list in the coming months. And more Sufjan Stevens. I also just got my hands on the song In a Big Country by Big Country which is a guilty pleasure. I made a New Year's Eve party playlist. It's so good. I listened to it today at the gym on my fancy new iPod, and it actually made working out sort of tolerable.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie said...

Man, I am such a LOSER. I have not even heard of over half of those. I'm going to check them out though... legally of course (you never know who is watching what with the Patriot Act and all).

9:47 PM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

I hadn't even thought of the PATRIOT act. Not that I would ever obtain my music in any way other than the most legal possible means available to me.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Brian South said...

I love that they call it the Patriot Act. It's like, if you're against it, you're against America.

Tara, you still haven't put The Captain's button on your site. Instructions to do so are on The Captain's site.

Do it.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

tara's lying. she's one of the biggest music pirates in the greater chicagoland area. she's on the FBI's top 10,000 wanted list. if you see her in person, don't try to be a hero - alert the proper authorities.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Brian South said...

Good call, Thomas J.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Thomas J is pointing the finger at ME to deflect attention away from HIM. Mr.idownloadmusicallday. No one is buying your act, Thomas J. Least of all me, the most law-abidingest citizen you'll ever meet!

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home