14 March 2006

What seems to be the problem, officer?



This is Shane from The Shield. I just started watching the Shield a few weeks ago, and I'm completely lost. I think so far I've figured out that the goal is for the viewer to hate everyone on this show. It's the season finale next week, so I smell a sitting-on-the-sofa-and-catching-up-with-a-riveting-series marathon in the near future. Perhaps over my Spring Break. In any event, in spite of the creators' best efforts, I cannot hate Shane. Even though he is a lying, no-good dirty cop, I find him to be very sexy. Look at that chiseled jaw. And those eyes. Good christ. I'm not saying I'd do anything unlawful just to get him to arrest me, but I wouldn't object to a little deal making to get out of any trouble I might find myself in, if you catch my drift. He always wears a brown vintage leather blazer and hot jeans. He's what I like to call BaldingHot. Somehow, the BaldingHot guy succeeds at being sexy even though he has a forehead the size of a drive-in movie theatre.

The creators have been very successful in getting this viewer to hate everyone else on the show. Everything about it is dirty... the people, the set, the language, the story line. Dirty, but good.

I finally watched 24 on my TiVo tonight. The gratuitous deaths have to be stopped. As long as Curtis and Jack stay alive, they can take any fat loser from CTU they want. Just spare Curtis and Jack, and the world will be safe from evil.

p.s. The original photo I had for Shane was much better. It was not showing up for some reason.

12 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

Shane is the invisible man? Or perhaps a la the Ray Bradbury short story The Blue Bottle,, Shane appears to each person as that person wishes to see him?

In any event, I see Shane as a white square. Or perhaps I choose to see him as a Caucasian dork.

5:55 AM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Better?

1:46 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

He scares me. Does he have a mini-mo(hawk)?

2:32 PM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Esbee, he scares me too. I think that's what i like about him.

Dirk, it's a good show. It won a lot of awards when it first came on the air, like 24 did. I think they are both in their 5th season right now. Anyway, it's a good one.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Marc said...

Baldinghot! You give men with receding hairlines everywhere hope.

So am I to believe you don't care if Chloe dies?!!!

12:44 AM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Well, it's not that I wouldn't care, it's simply that I would rather see Chloe go than Curtis or Jack.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Brian South said...

What's a problem officer?

And what's this big obsession with Curtis?! He's not that great--mediocre at best. I wouldn't mind if he died.

4:14 PM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Shield's a cracker. 24? Christ 'n I thought I had long days....I like it but pretend I don't as the wife's a bit keen on old Keifer...

4:22 PM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

He looks very... intense.

"BaldingHot" - brilliant.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Southie- you don't know what you're talking about. He's dead sexy. And you're right, I so need a comma after problem (noun of direct address).

Four Dinners, I'm more than a bit keen on ol' Kiefer. He's the hottest thing on TV since Andy Sipowitz on NYPD. I'm afraid I don't know what you mean when you say "shield's a cracker". I think that's what's called a language barrier. To me that means he is white, which is obvious. So I'm assuming it means something else to you.

Lizzie, I like that intense look. It gives me hope that he might be intense in all areas of his life...

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forehead the size of a drive in movie theatre? Then what do I HAVE!!???

12:08 PM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

There's nothing wrong with having a forehead like a drive-in movie theatre. It's quite becoming on you (and Shane).

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home