04 June 2007

Is that your name, Rrusty?

Now that I am off for the summer, I finally have time and motivation to write. Plus, my "loyal readers" (i.e. Marc), have hassled me enough that I feel bad for neglecting my blog. I have not posted since February, but I do not really have a reason for why. Every time I sat down at my computer to write, I could not bring myself to go to this page. If I got an email alerting me of the comments made on the blog, I just deleted them because thinking about responding felt like a lot of work. It is the worst case of blogger's block I have ever had. Anyway, I do have something to write about now, and, except for a little rustiness, so far I am in no pain.

My lease expires on July 1. That is less than a month away. In fact, it is a mere 26 days before I move. What exciting plans for my living situation do I have planned? Oh it is very exciting; I am moving in with my parents. You heard right, loyal reader! I turned 30 not two months ago, and I am taking a giant step back to suburbia and living with mom and dad. This was not an easy choice for me. In fact, I will not be totally confident that I will go through with it until I have all of my clothes, shoes and other personal belongings stored in my old bedroom and I am crying hysterically on my old bed. Then I will know for sure that I have officially made the decision to move into my parents' house. Honestly, my parents are fine. We get along well, and I like spending time with them. I think it is obvious why I am unhappy about this situation. I am 30. I, as everyone does, had expectations for where I might be at this age, and let me tell you, I never thought I would be where I will be in 26 days.

There are three things keeping me sane as I try to come to terms with this move. In no particular order they are:
- Money: By September, I should be completely out of credit card debt. By the end of the year, my car will be paid off. I will also be able to start saving money as well.
- "I've made a huge mistake" is the name of the blog for a reason. Although this is not the easy choice, it is the right choice. How does that saying go? The right choice is not always the easy one? I keep telling myself that. Then a friend of mine, who pretty much always makes the right choice, said in an email "You are making the right decision." That helped. I am going to tell her that today when I go to lunch with her.
- The light at the end of the tunnel: The Cop and I have been talking about buying a home and getting married... in that order. My hope is that both of those things will happen during my Winter Break, with a private wedding in Maui or Mexico the first week in January. I am prepared, however, to wait until Spring Break, with the wedding happening the first week in April. This option is clearly a DISTANT second to the December/January plan, but I am trying to stay positive about it. Plus, that gives me more time to save money for a home, furniture and a flat screen TV.

That is my boring post after a several-month hiatus. I promise to try to write something funny and entertaining on my next post, which will hopefully be within the next week or so. Now who wants to cheer me up and tell me moving home is not going to be that bad?

16 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

I would, except that I would demand to be added to the list of "loyal readers"

8:36 AM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Yes, Dan, you certainly are a loyal reader. I just figured I had lost a lot of people during my hiatus. So... go ahead... make me feel better about moving home.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Huraah! You're back!

I worried. I'm a Mom.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Marc said...

Hey... don't feel bad. If I wasn't married and could shack up with my parents for free I'd do it in a heartbeat (it's how I slogged through college).

1:34 PM  
Blogger Marc said...

P.S. Welcome back.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Yes, I am back. I promise to try harder to post more regularly. I'm so freaking bored right now, I could probably write another post already. I'm going to let this one sit for a couple days anyway.

1:39 PM  
Blogger ndheathen said...

Good to see you back. I'm making a trip out to the area mid July. Maybe I'll run into you.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Why are you coming to Chicago? I will be living in the suburbs at that time, but that doesn't mean I won't be spending as much time as possible in the city. Brian is getting married in mid July... July 14 I think. He met a girl last August and they got engaged around Christmas.

4:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's Rusty from the first Vacation movie. That quote comes from European Vacation, the 2nd movie in the Vacation saga.

4:16 PM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

You aren't moving in with my mother so it can't be bad.

Welcome back babe. Missed yer

8:22 AM  
Blogger AdamMac said...

Welcome back as well, I occasionaly would check to see when something new arrived, and as shocked when I saw a new post!

Moving back with the parents should be okay if you get along with them. I'd be fine if just me and mum moved out, but because dads there, I won't be going back anytime soon.

4:47 AM  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Eeeeeeh, finally the return of Sue Ellen! Welcome back, sweetie!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Anon, nice work. No one else caught that. Or at least no one else felt it necessary to mention it. I tried to find a picture from Euro Vaca. I was hoping to get one from when they did the montage of them on the shopping spree. No luck.

4D, Adam and *, thanks! I am glad you guys stopped by again!

6:39 AM  
Blogger ndheathen said...

Actually, Brian's wedding is the reason I'm going out there:-)

8:58 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents."

8:31 AM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Bone, HA! That does make me feel better. At least I am employed!

ND, well I guess I'll see you there! I will be the one doing a bible reading and trying to avoid the bolts of lightning shooting down at me from the sky during the ceremony.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home