19 March 2006

The Chicago Sideways

I've been tagged by Southie, who is freaking out about today's fantasy baseball draft. I, however, am not freaking out. There's no point in doing that; I won't maintain a level of commitment throughout the season to surpass Southie's and Gino's because, frankly, I have a life outside of fantasy baseball. With that in mind, my team, The Chicago Sideways, is guaranteed not to place in the top 3, hence the lack of stress for the draft. I have the 2nd pick though, so I am pretty excited about that. I kept Johan Santana from last season, who is ranked #1 in the league. I'm thinking of making my 2nd pick Bobby Abreu. We'll see.

As I said, I've been tagged by Brian. Since I'm completely out of topics, I'll play along.

The rules:
List seven songs you’re into right now. No matter the genre, whether [or not] they have words, or even if they’re any good, they must be songs you’re really enjoying right now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs, then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.

1. In the Aeroplane Over the Sea: Neutral Milk Hotel
2. Reasons: Built to Spill
3. This Broken Heart: Funkadelic
4. The skin of my yellow country teeth: Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
5. AM 180: Grandaddy
6. How's My Drinking: Guided By Voices
7. King of Carrot Flowers Part 1: Neutral Milk Hotel

I'm tagging the below people, but I'm most interested in the list of The Electric Goose, since I read a review he wrote about Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. Of course Dr. K knows I want to see his list; that goes without saying.

Heather B
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater
Esbee
The Electric Goose
Dilligaf
Marc
Blake

15 Comments:

Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Doin' whatever it is I'm doin now...gimme an hour or so to sort it....

8:28 AM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

ok. All done. Tagged another 7. Dunno if they'll do it or not though....that was a quick hour. Must be gettin' computer literate all of a sudden...

8:56 AM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

One's blown out. Says she doesn't listen to music at all due to age. Don't ask me...I'm confused enought already...

12:57 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I havw to think about it, but I will do it, minus tagging seven other vloggers. I don't think I know seven other bloggers.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I am not drumk.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Marc said...

Wow... I'm not sure I'm familiar with any of those songs... guess I have some catching up to do.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Camie Vog said...

It would be swell if each tagged person could do an MP3 of each song and post it with their list. Cool compilations could be had, I'm sure.
Eh, it's just an idea. I'm not that savvy with blogger yet.

4:50 AM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Esbee, you don't have to do the tag; I never do them. This one was easy and my idea of fun, so I participated.

Marc, I guess I sometimes like slightly obscure music. You should see four dinners' list if you think mine is obscure. I'll be doing some downloading later to try to catch up.

Camie, I'd bet there is a way to do that- maybe not a compilation or one single file, but I bet you could post individual songs. I bet Southie already knows how to do it. Maybe he'll enlighten us.

4:57 AM  
Blogger Ron said...

Tara -- I found you via Camie Vog!

I'm a big lover of Neutral Milk Hotel. I even have some of their 'side projects.' I once had a dream about busking one of their songs...Sandra Bullock was in that dream too...

Are you into baseball generally, or just the team whose last title was 1908?

8:51 AM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Ha Ha, Ron... Yes, I am a huge fan of the Cubs. I also like baseball in general, although I basically pay attention only to the guys on my fantasy team and the Cubs.

As for Neutral Milk Hotel, I just recently discovered them this year. I absolutely love that album. Any suggestions for other things I should get? I can't say as I have dreamt about them, or Sandra Bullock for that matter, but I am loving that album.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

So did you and Southie sit down together and say "hmmm Heather B. needs to be tagged" so you both decided to tag me? Awesome.

I will oblige later today.

10:00 AM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

5 out of 7 responded. Some good music out there.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Ron said...

Anna, as a baseball nerd, check out:

www.retrosheet.org

I've been part of it for over 10 years now, and have a lot there...

One album to check out from the NMH family is a band named "Of Montreal" -- the album is "The Gay Parade." I also recommend the bands Mum,Magnetic Fields, and The Polyphonic Spree.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Ron said...

Oh, if you are interested, The Magnetic Fields have a great box set entitled "69 love songs", which is fantastic! Check it out.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Tara, I am (to borry an American phrase), like, totally lame. Sorry for missing the boat, and thanks for the link. Good to see you like GBV, they're ace. For what it's worth, here are seven I'm listening to at the moment:

1. We Built this Village on a Trad. Arr. Tune - Half Man Half Biscuit
2. Dress Up in You - Belle and Sebastian
3. TV - The Sugars
4. Gimme Danger - Iggy and the Stooges
5. This is the Day - The The
6. Warning - Green Day
7. Your Kisses Are Wasted on Me - The Pippettes

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home