06 April 2006

The Summer of Tara


Thanks to the sage advice of Esbee, I went to Aerosoles today in search of two pairs of sandals to get me through the summer. Normally finding two pair of anything isn't a challenge for me, but this shopping trip came with a new set of rules. I would only allow myself to buy shoes that are both cute and comfortable, while still fitting into my limited "eyes on the prize" budget. I did find cute shoes that were moderately (there's that word again) inexpensive, but it remains to be seen if they'll actually be comfortable. I walked around the store for roughly 23 minutes to try to get a sense of how my injured foot would take to them. When the saleswoman told me I basically had to buy them because they were now considered "worn" and thus, unreturnable, I figured I should pull the trigger. Incidentally, this does not break my vow not to shop 'until Spring except in cases of emergency.' First of all, it's Spring. Secondly, the fact that I cannot wear anything on my feet that isn't a sneaker constitutes an emergency because I am only 5'3".

I purchased a brown pair and a black pair, both of which are pictured here. They are not bad looking shoes overall. Sure, the heels are high, but it is my theory that I have foot problems not because of the height of the heel, but because of the pointy toe factor. So we'll see how it goes. Rest assured, I'll blog about it either way.

From my achin' feet to my achin' back. . . the new mattress arrives on Tuesday. As I got the mattress in a sort "back door"/ "fell-off-the-back-of-the-truck" manner, the mattress won't arrive at my house; I'll have to pick it up on my own. I also ordered one for my parents, so I'll actually be picking up a full size for myself and a king for my Ps and delivering them to each location in a rented truck (and they say Americans won't do the jobs the illegal immigrants are doing!). The BF is working that night, and my roommate will be on a love-in with his boyfriend, so I had to ask an old friend to help out. I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep on a mattress that isn't older than my freshmen.
It occurs to me that these two events could change my life, or at the very least my summer. To walk around pain-free in my back and my feet- all summer long! I'll be a new person! I'll have to change the title of this blog to something like, "I'm finally not making mistakes anymore" ... "I've figured it all out."
Stay tuned!

8 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

I haven't found a pair of Aerosoles yet that weren't wildly comfortable. Even the really high heels. It's like - and this is a novel concept - they actually consider how a woman steps and stands and blanaces her weight, then design the shoe to fit into those parameters, instead of expecting the woman to hobble around for the sake of the shoe.

4:43 AM  
Blogger Bone said...

New mattress? I hope you got it from the Lumbar Yard.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Marc said...

Hey... if you need help with manual labor in the future, I can always get a couple of Mormon Missionaries to stop on by. They're great for slave labor (they've helped me move on several occasions)... And think about it, they're bound to come knocking sometime anyway, might as well be proactive about it ;)

12:49 PM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Shoes from Arseholes?? I'm confused...hang on a sec...

1:16 PM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Oh...Aerosoles...sorry. Bit pissed.

Let me know if you've figured whatever you've figured out as I've had too much Bud n can't get the vision of people walkin' about with stilleto's in an odd place out of my mind...

1:19 PM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

E, I wore my new sandals today, and I made it through the day with no problem. My feet feel fine! I'm so excited.

Bone, I had taken a sip of Diet 7-Up when I read your comment and I nearly spit it out of my mouth. Hilarious. I wish I could remember the names of the places Elaine said . . . "back to business" was it? When she was saying that they all have cheesy names (to which he said, "Not this place. The lumbar yard is . . .).

Hi, Marc! Haven't seen you in a while. I hadn't thought of the mormon missionary approach. Maybe it's an east coast thing, but I've never had a missionary knock on my door. That's awkward.

4D, arseholes. That's a silly word. Bud? As in Budweiser? I didn't think anyone outside of America drank that. Please clarify. I don't think I could read your blog if I was pissed. It's hard enough breaking through the language barrier when I'm sober.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Isabel said...

So even though I'm not OLD, I love me some Aerosoles. Love them. I only just discovered them and so I only have one pair. But be assured that after this kid is born and my feet go back to normal, I will buy me lots and lots of new ones.

(oh, and their outlet stores RULE, FYI!)

4:01 PM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Isabel, I've heard the outlet stores are good. There is one not far from here that I will probably go to in the fall. I've put a lot mileage on this brown pair of sandals already and so far they are great. I'm a new woman!

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home