01 July 2006

And now, Mr. Lipton, I'm ready for my interview.

I TiVo "Inside the Actor's Studio." I watch it only if I find the guest interesting, such as this previous week when Dustin Hoffman was on (for 2 hours for the 200th episode, which was a bit much even if you like Mr. Hoffman). My favorite part is the final 10 questions James Lipton asks his guests. I suspect most of the guests prepare for this, but they always make it seem like they didn't know this part was coming. Hmmm... my favorite word? I never thought of that. Sure you didn't. Anyway, because I sense that my acting career is on the verge of taking off, I thought I should get cracking on the 10 questions for my appearance on the Actor's Studio.

What is your favorite word? Requisite*
What is your least favorite word? moist
What turns you on? a nice smile
What turns you off? bad teeth
What is your favorite curse word? Fuck (obviously)
What sound or noise do you love? City noises (cars, sirens, horns, the occasional bird, busses...)
What sound or noise do you hate? football
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? celebrity stylist
What profession would you not like to do? stay-at-home mom**
If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? You're family is waiting for you in the kitchen; grandma's pasta is served in 5 minutes.

I won't burden anyone in particular with a "tag" here, but I would love it if anyone who reads this would answer at least one of the questions.

* I don't know why I like this word; I just like the way it sounds. I also like the word auspicious.
** If you are a stay-at-home mom, please don't be offended by this.

10 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

HAHAHAHA! You're worried I'll be offended, aren't you. :)

What is your favorite word? It's actually the name of a volcano: Popocatepetl. I say it fairly frequently, just because I like the way it sounds.

What is your least favorite word? "nice". It's completely overused.

What turns you on? wit

What turns you off? heavy scents. They give me migraines.

What is your favorite curse word? I use "damn" quite a bit.

What sound or noise do you love? ocean noises... waves, gulls, buoys, foghorns

What sound or noise do you hate? Whining

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Detective

What profession would you not like to do? factory lineworker

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? My mom's voice. I miss it incredibly.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Oh, I misread. What would I like to hear God say?

"Your Mom is right here. She can't wait to see you."

5:38 PM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Esbee, yes, you are the one I thought of on that question. I don't want to offend moms; I think mom is the most important job in the world. Unfortunatley, the requirements for getting it are awfully loose. Also, I'd like to hear how you most recently incorporated your favorite word into conversation...

7:10 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

My husband: Good morning!

Me: Popocatepetl!

My husband: Again with that?

7:17 PM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Oh, now I see. Seamless.

8:31 PM  
Blogger DLH said...

Someone asked me these once and I didn't save my answers (which is so unlike me, sadly).

Favorite word: I have tons, just because I am an editor and have a strange affinity for the dictionary, but not in an obnoxious sort of way. That being said, one word I do enjoy is "jackass". Off the top of my head, nothing else stands out.
"Fortitude" is a good one.

Least favorite word: cool. Because I still catch myself using it, when I am just being lazy and really could say something else instead.

What turns you on: dry wit, relaxed personalities (?)

What turns you off: Insecurity, false bravado

Curse word: Fuck, of course. It's so versatile.

Sound or noise I love: thunderstorms

Sound of noise you hate: Have to agree with esbee. Whining is one of the worst, by adults and children.

What profession(s) other than your own would you like to attempt? Librarian, anthropologist

What profession would you not like to do? wedding photographer

If Heaven exists, what would I like to hear God say? "It was dicey there for a while, but we cut you a break."

4:01 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Really, there are a lot of opportunities to use Popocatepetl that most people miss, using instead ordinary words like "Thank you" or "Hello."

5:36 AM  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

favourite word:lozenge
least favourite word:no
turns on:ideas
turns me off:negativity
noise do you love:rain
noise you hate: tissue on teeth
what profession other than your own:dancer
favourite curse word:fuck
what profession would you not like to do: office work
if heaven exists what would you like god to say: cold beer?

7:51 AM  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

I love this. And you can see my answers over here.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is your favorite word? surreptitious - it's just a fun word to say. also - dusk.

What is your least favorite word? ointment

What turns you on? sense of humor

What turns you off? too much talk about money

What is your favorite curse word? fuck

What sound or noise do you love? water - ocean, rain (esp. storms), waterfalls, streams

What sound or noise do you hate? helicopters

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
freelance writer and/or librarian

What profession would you not like to do? cleaning person

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? you were right.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home