19 July 2006

-palooza

I'm feeling a little blue today. Boyfriend-palooza is over. After over two weeks vacation, my boyfriend was back to work today at midnight. That means I'm back to seeing him only 3 times/week (if I'm lucky). It's brutal. To combat the sadness I felt yesterday, I spent the day in a veritable baby-palooza, starting with Declan and June (my best friend's babies) and capping the day off with Gianna, Rosa and Anthony (nieces and new nephew). As he is only one-month old, Anthony (pictured) is the least entertaining of the bunch, but he sure is a cutie. He's one of those babies that is so clearly a boy- no need to deck him out in blue for everyone to know his gender. And with a 2-year-old and a one-year-old at home already, my sister is happy to see that Anthony is a well-behaved little sleeping machine. Rosa and Gianna were adorable as usual, and Declan can't stop telling me about the Sox game he went to a month ago. I told him someday he is going to hate me because I'm a Cubs fan, but for now he can't get enough of me. He's not even two yet, so it's pretty funny that he's already obsessed with baseball, particularly the White Sox (he hoards the remote control and flips through the channel saying "baseball" over and over again). He's one of the few people in this town who can genuinely say he did not hop on the bandwagon when they won the World Series last year.

One more baby note: One of my very good friends from college had a baby boy last week. Charles Jon. Isn't he adorable!?

11 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

My God, that is one of the cutest newborns I've ever seen. My youngest bore an unfortunate resemblance to Tattoo from Fantasy Island. My husband and I said DE PLANE! DE PLANE! everytime he twitched.

I'm sorry you're down. I would feel badly, but since I'm in the middle of pottytraining wee laddie right now, I beat you in woe. By lots.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

I know! He's so cute! I've never seen one so cute either. Well, except of course for Anthony, Gianna and Rosa.

Ouch. Potty training. My sister and my best friend are both getting ready to do that soon. It's hearing about events like those in a mommy's life that helps me to remember to take my pill every night.

4:55 PM  
Blogger DLH said...

I hope you feel better soon. I know what it's like to be down. But being around friends and family does help! Even if it isn't quite the same.

As someone who works with and (obviously) lives with her husband, sometimes three times a week wouldn't be so bad. :)

5:52 AM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Z, yeah, I've had some friends and family time for sure. I think I'll do another baby-palooza today in fact. Love those babies!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Dwight Supremacy said...

Hmm ... just get another boyfriend for 3 of the remaining 4 days and take the last one for yourself.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Dwight, why doesn't that it surprise me that you would propose this solution?

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baby-palooza! He's so cute!!!

7:50 AM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Cute baby! This is a dialect thing. What the hell is a palooza? Makes me think of a pizza, or possibly a horse. A horse pizza?...Look I'm English and I've had a few...."Is that Pizza Hut? Can I have a horses head pizza please?"...I'm goin to try it...honest...I am...(your fault if I get arrestred...)

1:07 PM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

arrestred?...said I'd had a few...

1:08 PM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

4D, it comes from Lollapalooza, a 3-day long concert featuring tons of bands (this year over 125) that used to tour the country, but is now based in Chicago. It's huge and I'm leaving town that weekend to avoid the traffic nightmares it will cause. So when I've done a lot of something or something turns into a festival-type event, I put a palooza after it. I don't know if I'd go so far as to call this a dialect thing though because it's not as if it is in widespread use in this region.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

OK, dear. You've pouted long enough. Blog something else before I begin to worry.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home